OCTOBER MEMBER MIXER & WEDDING SOCIAL: SAVE THE DATE
The DoubleTree Worthington
Tuesday, October 13, 2020, 6:00p-8:00p
We took a quick road trip out to Lancaster this month at The Henry Manor! Russo’s Catering & Events provided a delicious buffet dinner and Connie Duglin Linens dressed the space in cheerful red and white linens.
This month’s educational speakers were…YOU! We had several members talk to us about both best practices they’ve learned both during the pandemic and tried & true skills that they’ve learned over the years. Here’s what was shared…
Jason Fletcher with Avant Garde Impressions shared several technologies that he’s started implementing during the pandemic:
- Shopify (retail sales across muliple platforms)
- Flowdesk ($38/month, email campaign system gives you unlimited emails and email addresses. Referrals gives you and the person you refer discounts!)
- Thrive (calendar manager system that syncs with Google and sends customers/clients reminders to give reviews)
- Quickbooks (assisting with bookkeeping and business financials)
- Many of the platforms listed talk to each other and can reduce redundancy in workflow tasks.
Tammy Hudson with Engaged Columbus discussed the importance of video in your sales and marketing. Here are some stats and pointers she shared:
- Video boosts conversion rates by up to 80% and increases email open rates
- You have to do it to be competitive
- SEO increases because search engines LOVE video and make sure you get your videos on YouTube as well
- It’s a credibility boost and you can highlight your personality/brand more than if you were just using words, especially if the video is in the form of a testimony from someone else
- You’ll increase your social shares
- Expert tip videos build trust
- Videos don’t have to be perfect because WE ARE ALL HUMAN and the imperfections create stronger bonds
Amber Waters with the OSU Faculty Club discussed different educational opportunities (mentorship programs, challenges, webinars, certification courses, etc) that have been available, many at free or reduced costs:
- David Tutera Mentorship Program
- Create Your Dream Event Planning Business Facebook Challenge with David Tutera
- Wedding Pro
- Smart Meetings
- Event Leadership Institute
Allison Saulino with Devoted Columbus shared her 5 Keys to Organization:
- Don’t multi-task. Stick with 1 thing at a time until it’s done.
- Make a task list or to-do list
- PRIORITIZE your list
- Delegate tasks to free up time and energy
- Celebrate the successes and small wins, both for yourself and the people you delegate to.
General tips from the audience:
- Get on Facebook Live, and advertise that it’s coming up!
- Use the QR code in your Instagram settings to automatically link people to you
- Blue Card is a digital business card that can link all your social media platforms and add your contact info to someone’s phone
- Create Facebook group for your business for an algorithm boost
- Use Boosted to create social media videos
- Doodly and Toonly are apps that can create animated videos and cartoons
- Audit your social media, should contain 80% business & 20% personal for relatability
- ITEX (International Trade Exchange) is a professional bartering organization as a way to get goods and services without spending as much money.
CHECK US OUT ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
WPC members can list your own wedding related events on our Facebook page by clicking the tab that says “WPC & Social Events” and adding them to the calendar. Don’t forget to jump on the referral group page as well! CLICK HERE
A SPECIAL THANK YOU!
INTERESTED IN HOSTING OR SPEAKING AT A WPC MEETING?
If you’d be interested in hosting WPC at your location and can accommodate 30-70 guests on the 2nd Tuesday of a particular month, let us know! Please fill out this Venue Form if you’d like to show off your space to the best wedding professionals Columbus has to offer!
Do you want to share your expertise with the WPC membership? We are looking for educational speakers for our 2021 meetings and you’d have 30 minutes to speak about a topic that would benefit our members in the wedding industry. Please complete the Speaker Form to let us know you’re interested.