APRIL MEETING: SAVE THE DATE
Red Brick Occasions
Tuesday, April 14, 2020, 6:00p-8:00p
RSVP by April 8, 2020
March has been a game changing month for many within the wedding industry. We spent some time discussing how our couples and our businesses have been affected in the wake of the societal changes and restrictions in play as a result of the coronavirus. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to your colleagues if you need help taking care of your clients and yourselves! There are some great conversations happening on Facebook in the Devoted Pros page, and we encourage you to take advantage of them.
We also want to send a huge thank you to Cheryl and the Embassy Suites team for hosting us and providing a spectacular dinner! In addition, Julie Albaugh introduced us to several technologies that could help us stand out from the crowd and expand our marketing reach. Here are a few techniques:
- Retargeting: Showing ads to people who have visited your website to get them to comeback and do business with you
- Geofencing*: User receives mobile ad while in a fixed location based on the devices location
- Location Based Advertising*: Serve ads after users leave a defined area
- Foot Traffic Attribution*: Shows you conversions of when users to go a competitor and then come to you
- OTT (Over the Top): Video commercials played when watching premium streaming TV content
*Geofencing, location based advertising and foot traffic attribution will need to be created by a digital marketing agency. Many companies provide geofencing services. Protect yourself by making sure the company you hire uses GPS coordinates.
- Coronavirus is affecting us all in a big way. Please take care of yourselves and each other, and make sure to reach out to our amazing wedding community if you need help with assisting your couples.
- The Bridal Soiree on March 15 has been postponed. Stay tuned for a new date!
CHECK US OUT ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
WPC members can list your own wedding related events on our Facebook page by clicking the tab that says “WPC & Social Events” and adding them to the calendar. Don’t forget to jump on the referral group page as well! CLICK HERE
A SPECIAL THANK YOU!
INTERESTED IN HOSTING OR SPEAKING AT A WPC MEETING?
If you’d be interested in hosting WPC at your location and can accommodate 30-70 guests on the 2nd Tuesday of a month, let us know! 2020 is almost full, so we’re starting to fill 2021 host locations. Please fill out this Venue Form if you’d like to show off your space to the best wedding professionals Columbus has to offer!
Do you want to share your expertise with the WPC membership? We are looking for educational speakers for our 2020-2021 meetings and you’d have 30 minutes to speak about a topic that would benefit our members in the wedding industry. Please complete the Speaker Form to let us know you’re interested.