We had a great speaker at our July meeting: Andrea Applegate who spoke about the following information:
How To Be a (Great) Boss
This month, our meeting was held at The Darby House. We were treated to delicious food and beverages as well as the unique history of the venue. Our speaker was Andrea Applegate who talked to us about what it takes to be a great boss. Andrea founded Applegate Talent Strategies in 2016 after recognizing too many small businesses struggle with serious workforce issues that negatively impact their company’s productivity and profitability.
- A great boos = an effective boss
- There is a difference between being a boss and being bossy
- Only 33% of the American workforce are engaged in what their work;16% are actively disengaged; 51% are not engaged at all; they do just enough not to get fired
- Characteristics of a bad boss – doesn’t delegate; doesn’t respect employees; is a bully
- Characteristics of a great boss – establishes and explains goals; rewards, motivates, and supports; advocates for their employees
- “Talented people need organizations less than organizations need talented people.” – Daniel Pink
- Click here to view Andrea’s website
A SPECIAL THANK YOU!
Emily Halpin and the team at The Darby House for hosting us and providing the delicious food and beverages
Event Source for providing the linens
Hilliard Florist for providing the beautiful centerpieces
Windi Noble with Run to an Elopement for giving us all free pens