FEBRUARY MEETING: SAVE THE DATE
Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 6:30p-8:30p
RSVP by February 5, 2020
We kicked off 2020 with Phenix Banquet Center, who graciously provided us with a delicious full dinner! Our speakers this month were Amber Waters with the OSU Faculty Club, Andrea Schulte with All Occasions Party Rental and Randy Laipply with Connie Duglin Linen, discussing upselling to enhance your clients’ events and beef up your bottom line. Lots of great tips were shared,, like:
- Upselling helps your clients customize their events and create a memorable experience for their guests.
- As the expert, you can guide your clients on what will make their event look it’s absolute best, which reflects on YOU.
- COMMUNICATE with vendors and clients to ensure all details and timelines are correct.
- Check with venues to see what they provide and upsell from there.
- DON’T sell to yourself! Even if your upsell is something that you may not personally like, if it fits your client’s style and budget, go for it!
CHECK US OUT ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
WPC members can list your own wedding related events on our Facebook page by clicking the tab that says “WPC & Social Events” and adding them to the calendar. Don’t forget to jump on the referral group page as well! CLICK HERE
A SPECIAL THANK YOU!
INTERESTED IN HOSTING OR SPEAKING AT A WPC MEETING?
If you’d be interested in hosting WPC at your location and can accommodate 30-70 guests on the 2nd Tuesday of a month, let us know! 2020 is almost full, so we’re starting to fill 2021 host locations. Please fill out this Venue Form if you’d like to show off your space to the best wedding professionals Columbus has to offer!
Do you want to share your expertise with the WPC membership? We are looking for educational speakers for our 2020 meetings and you’d have 30 minutes to speak about a topic that would benefit our members in the wedding industry. Please complete the Speaker Form to let us know you’re interested.