MARCH MEETING: SAVE THE DATE
The Refectory Restaurant & Bistro
WEDNESDAY, March 13, 2019, 6:30p-8:30p
Non-Members: $25 ($10 for first time attendees)
RSVP by March 6, 2019
- What the difference is between a wedding planner (with the couple step by step through the entire process, proactive, gives guidance to a cohesive vision), day-of wedding coordinator (works with plans that have already been made, brings everything together on the day-of, reactive, may start up to 12 weeks out), venue coordinator (just works with the venue operations, may help out day-of, but isn’t dedicated solely to the couple), & event designer (helps hone the vision, is more concerned with aesthetics than logistics).
- Planners are project managers who create a cohesive team of vendors.
- Pre-planning and upfront communication helps reduce day-of problems.
- Communication and timelines are key, but flexibility is necessary.
- Vendors to book soonest after venue: (in no particular order): DJ, photographer/videographer, catering, hotels
- Sometimes clients aren’t a good fit and THAT’S OKAY!
- How vendors can help planners: Communicate, work together as a team, establish value
- Biggest challenges planners face: Guests may not know what they do, potential clients don’t want to communicate in person, slow response time from vendors, referrals work both ways
CHECK US OUT ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
WPC members can list your own wedding related events on our Facebook page! Click the tab that says “WPC & Social Events” and add them to the calendar. Don’t forget to jump on the referral group page as well! CLICK HERE
A SPECIAL THANK YOU!
INTERESTED IN HOSTING OR SPEAKING AT A 2019 WPC MEETING?
If you’d be interested in hosting WPC at your location and can accommodate 30-70 guests on the 2nd Tuesday of a particular month in 2019, let us know! Please fill out this Venue Form if you’d like to show off your space to the best wedding professionals Columbus has to offer!
Do you want to share your expertise with the WPC membership? We are looking for educational speakers for our 2019 meetings and you’d have 30 minutes to speak about a topic that would benefit our members in the wedding industry. Please complete the Speaker Form to let us know you’re interested.