SEPTEMBER MEETING: SAVE THE DATE
The Henry Manor
Tuesday, September 8, 2020, 6:00p-8:00p
This month, we were able to gather in the Gahanna Sanctuary just ahead of its 125th birthday celebration. All Occasions Catering kept our tastebuds happy with a delicious dinner buffet, and Connie Duglin Linens provided bright and cheery linens.
We also took time to discuss diversity and inclusion in our wedding industry. The first part of our program introduced Lucretia Williams with Distinct Event Planning, and she shared her experiences building her business as a Black woman in the events world. Three main points that she highlighted were:
- Conversations around diversity need to happen because there is so little diverse representation in our industry.
- The Empowered Planners Society’s goal is for us all to thrive together. There is enough business for all of us, and we need all work together to build and increase the industry.
- If you see someone in the industry doing good, support them because it’s the right thing to do. Don’t hinder or discourage them because you think they should only be working for one demographic.
The second half of our program was a roundtable discussion with 2 activities. We did a visual audit of each other’s websites and social media to determine if we’re showing visual representations of diversity. We also shared vendors of color that we have worked with and recommend. Those folks are listed below:
- J’s Sweet Treats (Bakery)
- iShine Music Production (DJ)
- Kae Marie Photography
- Phenix Banquet Center
- Just for the Occasion (Catering)
- Knot 2 Worry Weddings Wedding Planner
- Dahlia Occasions (Planning & Decor)
- Battiste LaFleur Galleria (Florist)
- Andrea’s Occasions (Planner)
- I’ve Got You Covered (Alterations)
- Flix Photography
- Alisha Marie Events (Planner)
- AJ The Wedding Trainer (Personal training)
- G & H Studios (Photography)
- Brian Alls Photography
- David Tutera is offering a FREE challenge on Facebook called Create Your Dream Event Planning Business and the next start date is August 27.
- Congratulations to Randi Mackintosh for starting a new role with Jorgensen Farms!
- All Occasions Catering & Banquet Facility recently started a food truck called “All Occasions Catering on the Go.”
CHECK US OUT ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
WPC members can list your own wedding related events on our Facebook page by clicking the tab that says “WPC & Social Events” and adding them to the calendar. Don’t forget to jump on the referral group page as well! CLICK HERE
A SPECIAL THANK YOU!
INTERESTED IN HOSTING OR SPEAKING AT A WPC MEETING?
If you’d be interested in hosting WPC at your location and can accommodate 30-70 guests on the 2nd Tuesday of a particular month, let us know! Please fill out this Venue Form if you’d like to show off your space to the best wedding professionals Columbus has to offer!
Do you want to share your expertise with the WPC membership? We are looking for educational speakers for our 2020-2021 meetings and you’d have 30 minutes to speak about a topic that would benefit our members in the wedding industry. Please complete the Speaker Form to let us know you’re interested.