MAY MEETING: SAVE THE DATE
May’s meeting will be virtual! RSVP to Andrea Sargent and we’ll send log-in details closer to the date.
Tuesday, May 12, 2020, 6:00p-7:30p
RSVP by May 8, 2020 to Andrea Sargent at firstname.lastname@example.org
As we’ve all been dealing with the lasting effects from COVID 19, WPC has pivoted this month by holding a virtual meeting for our members to discuss how our businesses and the industry in general have been affected. It was also an opportunity to check in with our friends and see some smiling faces. Some of the topics discussed included:
Education: There are many free resources available to increase your knowledge and stay abreast of the industry trends. This is a great time to boost your continuing education credits to complete or renew any certifications you may be working on.
- Rise Up Challenge Facebook Series – 20 day challenge to thrive during times of uncertainty with daily Facebook Live presentations from top influencers in business, finance, health, and personal growth.
- PSAV Professional Edge Webinar Series – 8 week educational series covering many industry topics including technology trends, event design, audience engagement, and more.
- MeetingsNet – Hundreds of articles and on-demand webinars regarding the events and meetings industry
- Smart Passive Income – Resources for building and growing online businesses
- WeddingPro – Collaboration of The Knot and Wedding Wire, offers free resources about how to manage COVID 19 difficulties within your business
Marketing: Be sensitive to your couples and potential clients about this challenging time, but DON’T DISAPPEAR FROM MARKETING!! Make sure you’re keeping your social media channels going and this is a fantastic time to update your website, ask former couples for reviews and all the other tasks that are time-consuming and might have taken a backseat in the past.
Staying Sane and Connected: Members have been checking in on their Friendors, creating playlists, brushing up on cooking and baking skills, taking time to learn new hobbies. Take care of yourself so you can take care of your couples!
Do you have any other education, marketing or connection tips? We’d love to hear how you’re taking care of yourself and your business during this time!
CHECK US OUT ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
WPC members can list your own wedding related events on our Facebook page by clicking the tab that says “WPC & Social Events” and adding them to the calendar. Don’t forget to jump on the referral group page as well! CLICK HERE
INTERESTED IN HOSTING OR SPEAKING AT A WPC MEETING?
If you’d be interested in hosting WPC at your location and can accommodate 30-70 guests on the 2nd Tuesday of a month, let us know! 2020 is almost full, so we’re starting to fill 2021 host locations. Please fill out this Venue Form if you’d like to show off your space to the best wedding professionals Columbus has to offer!
Do you want to share your expertise with the WPC membership? We are looking for educational speakers for our 2020-2021 meetings and you’d have 30 minutes to speak about a topic that would benefit our members in the wedding industry. Please complete the Speaker Form to let us know you’re interested.