February 2018 Newsletter & Education
March WPC Meeting: Columbus Courtyard West
Tuesday, March 13, 6:30p-8:30p
Non-members: $10 for first time attendees
Non-members: $25 for returning attendees
RSVP by March 8, HERE
Here's a bit more information about our February Host!
A little history:
- For 130 years, the YWCA has been dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
- The building, which was originally built in 1929, reopened almost a year ago after a 2 year, $25 million renovation. The renovation updated the women's residency living quarters from dorm styled living into self sufficient apartments and gave them beautiful new event spaces! Fun fact: the ballroom used to be their pool!
Our events give back:
All the functions hosted at the Center for Women in one of their four event spaces help to support the women and families they serve everyday. They have 91 women that live in their building, many of whom are victims of domestic violence, chronically homeless or dealing with mental illness or addiction. By hosting meetings and events in their spaces, they are able to generate funds that support wellness, recovery, and educational programs to better the community they serve!
They have four different meeting and event spaces:
- The Ballroom is their largest space, accommodating 150 guests for a seated reception and 250 for a cocktail styled gathering
- The Wolfe Room can accommodate up to 50 guests and can be used for small ceremonies, conferences, and dinner parties
- The Library is ideal for small wedding showers and meetings of about 30 people
- The Mary Griswold Room is suitable for board meetings, presentations and small gatherings for around 25 people
For more information, please check out their NEW website at www.eventscw.org!
February's meeting was hosted by the YWCA, with delicious food provided by LA Catering and Kim Savon giving us wonderful insights about Leveraging Linked In and Other Social Media to Drive Sales. While serving as the Marketing & Sales Director for a large startup several years ago, Kim learned the value of leveraging LinkedIn, social selling and how closely the functions of marketing and sales are related. Over the years she has developed a relentless passion for sharing her success and teaching others how to use LInkedIn to develop their own professional brand and grow their network and business, with the result being increased sales.
Why use LinkedIn?
- It's FREE!
- Offers increased exposure for your brand and organically increases your SEO
- 72% of buyers use social media to research before making a purchase
- 81% of customers are more likely to engage with a strong, professional brand
Your personal brand promotes you as an expert & thought leader, as well as a trusted advisor & long-term partner
Creating your tagline
- Customize for your audience
- Use industry jargon
- Use the model "helping X do Y"
Creating your summary: People learn about you before even shaking your hand. What sets you apart? Close with a call to action/invitation to connect/link to your website
Experience section should be use to promote what your business does, NOT tasks that you do
Include videos & review on your website and everyone should have an FAQ section or page.
- You should have separate personal and business profiles
- NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK
- Connect with complimentary businesses and their key contacts
- Make the ask for review & recommendations
- Engage on social media-comment, share, post interesting content but DON'T SELL
- Anyone in business should be on Twitter
- Content is king; not keywords anymore
- Audit/update content; ensure it is authentic and rich
- Don't post more than once a week on LinkedIn
- Link to GOOD partners
Welcome Renewing Members
Doug Melvin with Doug Melvin Photography
Randy Laipply with Connie Duglin Linens
Meghan Kinsey with Bleu & Fig
Mike Middaugh with Columbus Trolley
NOT A MEMBER OF WPC? CLICK HERE FOR REASONS TO JOIN!
Wedding News, Job Openings, and Events!
Jorgensen Farms is looking for a Wedding & Events Coordinator.
Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center is looking for an Event Planner.
Prema-Designs is looking for an on-call florist.
LA Catering has several positions available.
If you'd like to be featured on Engaged Columbus, contact Tammy Hudson at firstname.lastname@example.org
April 8 - The Wedding Experience, 12:00-4:00p, Crowne Plaza Worthington. For more info, contact Columbus Bride & Groom at email@example.com
WPC Members: Do you want free promotion for your business?
If your answer is YES, email our WPC webmaster, Amber Waters for more info!
**Continue to check the WPC website & Facebook page for more news, events, & updates!**
THE WPC FACEBOOK PAGE:
WPC members can list your own wedding related events on our Facebook page!! Click on the tab that says WPC & Social Events and add them to the calendar.
A SPECIAL THANK YOU!
Kayla Kruszewski and the team at the YWCA for hosting us
LA Catering for providing the delicious food and LA Catering swag
Rita Kenner with Prema Designs for the beautiful centerpieces
Emily Kreindler with Got Ya Covered Linens for providing the gorgeous linens