Event Sales Manager
Star Lanes is a boutique experience--a mash up of bowling with high-end technology and plush amenities to create an upscale entertainment experience. The venue offers guests state-of-the-art lanes, billiards, a bar, HD projection and LCD screens and more. Furthermore, Star Lanes boasts a party room with private bowling lanes and its own bar to accommodate private events such as meetings or bachelorette parties.
The Event Sales Manager is responsible for maximizing event sales revenues to include banquet food, banquet beverage, facility rental and net amounts received for equipment rental. This is accomplished through networking, solicitations, grass roots sales and attaining or exceeding the annual budget revenue goals and booking goals for catering.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Under the direction of management, increase event sales revenue by following Sales Standards / Expectations, including: executing outbound sales call requirements, implementing lead generation strategies; identifying and pursuing target markets by monitoring venue and community demographics; utilizing contact database daily to build and maintain prospects; networking with events, guests and the community to maximize leads and referrals
- Manage event administrative requirements and logistics by developing and adhering to Salesforce.com and Reserve contracts/confirmation agreements
- Maintain communication with management by participating in the Weekly Sales
- Meeting and providing weekly and monthly status reports including PACE,
- Activity Reports, Task List, Pipeline and others as requested by management through Salesforce.com
- Maintain communication with peers by attending weekly department head and
- sales meetings
Minimum Qualifications and Skill Requirements:
- At least 2 years of related experience in Hospitality/ Catering/ Event sales required. 4-year college degree preferred or equivalent.
- Strong sales skills required including experience with prospecting, cold calls and negotiating skills.
- Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Office and CRM
- Excellent customer service orientation and focus on customer satisfaction required
- Maintains memberships (i.e. ISES, MPI, local chambers)
- Represents themselves with the highest level of integrity, professionalism and a service-focused approached
- Knowledgeable of market and industry trends, competitors and leading customer strategies
If you are ready to be part of the hottest entertainment venue in Columbus with a dynamic setting where excitement is the norm, we want to hear from you! Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Star Lanes is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer!